Throughout our 70-year history of serving people with Cerebral Palsy (CP), we’ve acquired the knowledge and skills to support adults and children with a wide range of disabilities, not just CP. UCP’s programs for people with disabilities in Eastern Connecticut are designed to help increase independence at work, in school and at home. Every day, we offer programs for people with disabilities in CT to help them develop employment skills, find accessible housing and access assistive technology.
AT UCP OF EASTERN CT, THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF THE PEOPLE WE SUPPORT AND OUR EMPLOYEES IS OUR TOP PRIORITY, ESPECIALLY DURING THIS COVID-19 PANDEMIC.
WE ARE CONSTANTLY REVIEWING GUIDANCE FROM THE CDC AND OTHER PUBLIC HEALTH EXPERTS ON THE MOST EFFECTIVE WAYS TO REMAIN SAFE DURING THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK. IN LIGHT OF RECENT RECOMMENDATIONS FROM THE CDC AND CT GOVERNOR LAMONT, WE ARE TAKING THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS:
- On March 19, 2020, UCP of Eastern CT administrative office will close, but agency operations will continue. Administrative staff will be actively working remotely from home, and In Home support services in Groton will continue. We will reassess in weekly increments to determine when it is safe to reopen.
- On March 19, 2020, all Employment, Assistive Technology, Project Search, Group and Individual Day Programs will close. We will reassess in weekly increments to determine when it is safe to reopen.
- We are monitoring the wellness of the people we support in our In Home Support Service program in Groton very closely. We have temporarily ceased travel and community activities for everyone we support, but will continue wellness checks for all in the program.
- We are reemphasizing the importance of observing Social Distancing, Universal Precautions and frequent, thorough hand washing to staff and those we support.
- UCP of Eastern CT is a lifeline for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We are preparing to cover additional staffing, along with extra food, medication, and other supplies to individuals in our program and to community members with disabilities. Please consider making a donation to help us https://ucpect.
networkforgood.com/projects/ 95587-covid-19-support-for- our-community.
This remains a very fluid situation. Please check back with us frequently for updated information. For questions or assistance contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UCP’s Internship Program: Project SEARCH at Mohegan Sun, is designed for young adults with significant disabilities. Read about our interns in the News!