UCP’s Lending Library loans new technology and assistive devices to people with disabilities throughout Connecticut.
Our Lending Library enables people with disabilities in Connecticut — of any age and with any type of condition — to determine which assistive technology (AT) device or equipment best suits their specific needs, prior to making a purchasing decision.
We have a wide selection and it’s constantly expanding. Our assistive technology is available for you to borrow, anytime you need it, to help you communicate with others, better control your environment and perform activities of daily living.
HOW IT WORKS — Try It Before You Buy It
- To borrow equipment, please fill out the short form at the Contact Our Team button on this page to request an application.
- Complete the Assistive Technology Lending Library application and email or fax back to UCP.
- At that point, arrangements will be made for pick up or delivery of the device.
- When the loan period is over, the device will be picked up and returned to the Lending Library.
Please note that requests for devices can be made by you, a family member, friend or advocate, or a third party who is helping identify assistive technology needs for you. For instance — a therapist or physician, teacher or special educator, rehabilitation counselor, nurse or home transition coordinator.
Click the INVENTORY button above to:
- View UCP’s AT Inventory
- Check product availability
- Get hours for pick up
- Read in-depth product descriptions
- Get contact info for our Waterford & Stratford AT Centers