Assistive technology programs to support people with disabilities in Connecticut.
UCP’s AT Center is called ATLAS, which stands for Assistive Technology Lending & Accessibility Services. We offer innovative programs, tools, medical devices and technology to help people with disabilities in CT improve the quality of their lives. At UCP’s ATLAS Center our tools and medical devices are available to teachers, special education professionals, their students and employees throughout the state. Our equipment and technology is available for purchase, loan or demonstration purposes. We also we provide training to schools, workplaces in CT or to individuals who need in-home support.
Become a Member Today!
Click this link: ATLAS AT Center Membership Application
What is Assistive Technology and what can it do?
Assistive technology (AT) is any item or piece of equipment that is used to increase, maintain, or improve the functional capabilities of people with disabilities in all aspects of life — including in school, at work, at home or in the community.
- AT Programs offer a variety of services from technology consultations and assessments to device demos and training.
- Markets we serve include Schools, Workplaces and Individuals with disabilities.
- Our Lending Library allows people to “try it” before you “buy it” to ensure that you successfully choose the right technology for you or your loved one.
- AT Resources provide you information to access all types of equipment and technology and it’s organized by your needs.
- AT Financial Assistance provides support for low-income individuals and families.