Assistive technology programs to support people with disabilities in Connecticut.
At UCP’s Assistive Technology Center we offer innovative programs, tools, medical devices and technology to help people, students, teachers, special education professionals and employees with disabilities in CT improve the quality of their lives. Our equipment is available for purchase, loan or demonstration purposes and we provide training.
What is Assistive Technology and what can it do?
Assistive technology (AT) is any item or piece of equipment that is used to increase, maintain, or improve the functional capabilities of people with disabilities in all aspects of life — including in school, at work, at home or in the community.
- AT Programs offer a variety of services from technology consultations and assessments to device demos and training.
- Markets we serve include Schools, Workplaces and Individuals with disabilities.
- Our Lending Library allows people to “try it” before you “buy it” to ensure that you successfully choose the right technology for you or your loved one.
- AT Resources provide you information to access all types of equipment and technology and it’s organized by your needs.
- AT Financial Assistance provides support for low-income individuals and families.