Steptember is a fun global health and wellness initiative for teams of co-workers, friends or family!
Participants form teams of 4 and challenge themselves to take 10,000 steps a day for 4 weeks in September.
Steptember is not just about walking your way to better health – participants can run, swim, cycle or even do yoga to reach their daily step target. There are more than 40 activities (including those for wheelchairs or adapted bikes) that you can convert into steps.
- Improve your health and well being
- Increase motivation
- Be more productive
- Encourage teamwork
It’s an easy way to get fit, while helping support people with disabilities! For more information, contact Shannon at 860.443.3800 x 111 or go to steptember.us and sign up today!
Are you a business owner ready to sponsor UCP during STEPtember?
Here are a few benefits to including your team:
A healthy workforce has a positive impact on the overall performance of an organization. Employers told us at the completion of last year’s event that they saw increased team work and morale, strengthened interdepartmental communication and reduced sick days.
Feedback from last year’s participants told us:
- 80% experienced increased physical activity
- 33% lost weight
- 86% had increased energy levels
- 20% were able to handle stress better & had improved sleep patterns
- 80% chose to make a difference by fundraising
- Importantly, 97% of participants said they would participate again.