UCP’s Assistive Technology Demonstration Center provides free onsite demonstrations and trial of AT devices!
Our Assistive Technology (AT) Demonstration Center gives individuals with disabilities and others with physical limitations the opportunity to explore and experiment with a wide variety of AT devices at their leisure, free of charge.
All of our AT equipment and devices facilitate greater independence for you at home, work, school, or play. A sampling of these devices includes:
- Communication devices
- Low vision aids
- Items for learning
- Computer access devices/items
Are AT Demonstrations Necessary?
While such a demo is not necessary, it is highly recommended. We make this equipment available and accessible, and have staff on hand to answer your questions and to guide and support the process so that you are better able to make an informed decision as to what will work best for you.
Making an informed decision based on a demonstration of the product in question will benefit you in several ways:
- It enables you to do comparative shopping.
- It results in time and money saved in selecting the appropriate device the first time around.
- It increases your level of confidence and independence.
- It provides a greater feeling of security for your family members and/or caregivers.
Demonstration Center Hours of Operation
Demonstration’s are by appointment only. Schedule an Appointment
Connect With UCP ATLAS Center
42 Norwich Road
Quaker Hill, CT 06375
Tel: (860)443-3800 x 111